Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 20:08:51 GMT by
Hi, I am about to do my tax return. I normally declare two business. Car repairs and property rental on the same tax return. I am no longer repairing cars. I’m not sure if I need to inform HMRC about that, or do I just submit my other business? And advise would be appreciated, thanks.
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 13:59:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Michael Cahill,
If you had advised on your previous return that the business had ceased, it will just be the property income.
If you have not, you need to confirm that you have ceased trading in car repairs.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.