Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 11 Jan 2023 21:28:20 GMT by Jenny Perry
Hi all, currently filling in my self assessment online and having earned income and paid tax in Germany, I need to fill in the FTCR form to calculate now much tax relief I get. The numbers the online SA gives me to use on the working sheet contains errors (TC34 it says to use £0E-8 for instance). Plus it asks me to fill in values from S2 and S3, and also A119. I cannot find what these values would be anywhere. I cannot complete the calculation without them. Any help would be appreciated. The sheet is a nightmare enough as it is and there are no clear instructions anywhere.
Posted Mon, 16 Jan 2023 15:38:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Given the difficulties you have experienced, you may wish to phone our Self Assessment helpline and ask to speak to one of our
Technical Advisers, who will be happy to guide you through the process of claiming FTCR in your self assessment tax return. 

See Links:

Self Assessment: general enquiries  and :

Tax on foreign income   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.