Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 15 Sep 2022 16:00:49 GMT by zievad
Hi Apologies if others have had the same problem and this has been answered but I have filled in a self-assessment and when completed, it claims - Total to be added to Self Assessment account due by 31 January 2023 2,242.60 I don't understand where or why as I don't earn any additional income and all tax is deducted as PAYE. I used an online tax calculator and punched in the numbers from my P60 an it correlates with the tax I have paid to the pound. In addition, I pay child maintenance and note that there is a section to add this in. However, it seems that either myself or my ex-spouse had to be born before 1934 (ish). Is this correct as anyone born then surely is not paying child maintenance any longer, although they could be paying maintenance. Why is this limited to only people born before then? I have been on the phone to HMRC for over 3 hours now, cut off twice. :( Any help greatly appreciated. Regards, William
Posted Tue, 20 Sep 2022 14:33:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

If you are unsure over the amount due, you should submit the return and contact our helpline after 72 hours, we can then view the calculation. If you have completed the return incorrectly you will be able to amend it. If you can call before 10am our queues are shorter.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 03 Oct 2022 10:42:38 GMT by Martin
I have the exact same query and was also cut off when asking the question. Surely the age criteria makes the point almost redundant?
Posted Fri, 07 Oct 2022 08:30:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

If the allowance has an age restriction, you will not be able to claim it if you do not meet the criteria.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.