Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 23 Jun 2023 16:35:30 GMT by
I completed self-assessmnet returns each year for foreign income whilst living abroad for 4 years between 2018-2022, I have since returned and been in PAYE employment. I recently received a reminder to fill in a sel-assessment return if I was still required to (which I should not be). To be sure, I wanted to end any requirement to complete self-assessment. I have attempted numerous times to complete the 'Ending self assessment' form but every time It gets declined due to not recognising my previous address. I have attempted every variation of every single previous address that I can think of but it still gets declined for not recognising the address. Any suggestions for how to end it any other way?
Posted Wed, 28 Jun 2023 15:23:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Daedlus85,

If you continue to get errors for the address, contact our Self Assessment team by webchat using the 'Ask HMRC online' link and we can look into closing the Self Assessment Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.