Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 07 Mar 2022 16:10:58 GMT by Thorsten
I am employed full time in the UK as scientist but occasionally get offered the possibility of a honorarium (£50-200) for giving presentations or reviewing documents, often from overseas. Is there a maximum amount I can accept before I will need to file income tax return on this or is this required for any amount that I potentially receive? thanks
Posted Mon, 07 Mar 2022 16:51:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 10

If you have income from overseas for any amount then you would need to register for self assessment in order to report this.

Please see guidance here regarding foreign income and self assessment criteria:

Tax on foreign income


Self Assessment tax returns



You must be signed in to post in this forum.