Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 06 Sep 2022 22:35:07 GMT by Edward Chow
Hi, My wife and I arrived UK from HK on 23 Oct 2021 via BNO visa (as dependent). We have a home in UK more than 91 days, so we are the UK tax resident. My wife do not have any income since we come to UK. Based on my wife situation: 1) does she need to do tax return for the hk income from 6/4/2021 to 22/10/2021? 2) if yes, she is dependent of BNO Visa / no driving license / no credit reference. How to pass the identity check for applying self assessment online? 3)if she need to tax return for hk income between 6/4/2021 to 22/10/2021, does she only need to fill the SA100 & SA109 (only interest income but less than £500 )? thanks
Posted Fri, 09 Sep 2022 15:38:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Edward Chow, 

 A Self Assessment Tax return is not needed for your wife. 

Thank you, 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.