Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 23 Oct 2022 23:47:42 GMT by YY Lee
I arrived UK on 25th May 2021 and continuously worked remotely for my previous company abroad until 5th Apr 2022 in UK. Before 25th May 2021, I had not lived in UK. My previous company abroad has filed employee salary tax for me but I have not received the salary tax bill. My split year will be from 25th May 2021 for SA106? I don’t have the salary tax bill from abroad yet so can I not fill in the amount for Foreign Tax Credit Relief in SA109 or I must have the amount. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 26 Oct 2022 14:51:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You could submit your tax return, omitting the foreign tax credit relief. Then at a future date, amend the tax return to include the claim for foreign tax credit relief.  

An alternative would be to use estimates and at later date, amend your tax return to correct the estimated figures.  

These options will allow you to submit your tax return by 31 October 2022 for a paper tax return and 31 January 2023 if completed online.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.