Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 20 Jan 2023 16:52:54 GMT by GreyMatterOne
Hello Forum Community... I have my company registered in England private limited by shares What I want to do is to import into Great Britain from countries like China... My EORI number (Think) should start with GB Do I need an import / export licence or certificate as well... All help is VERY MUCH Appreciated and I Thank ALL for there time and advice with my current enquiry Best Sincerely Paul...
Posted Sat, 21 Jan 2023 09:54:32 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Hi Yes you will need a GB EORI number. You would need to check with the country of Export whether you need an export licence. You haven’t provided enough information to advise you whether a licence or any certification is needed. The requirements will depend on what type of goods you are importing. To find out if you need any sort of GB Import licence or certification you need to fist find the commodity code( HS code) of your goods. You can find these by looking them up in the UK tariff where you will also find duty rates and any other customs requirements. Also bear in mind some goods will need safety or health certificates. If you have never imported before I suggest you talk to a customs adviser or your customs broker as they will be able to guide you through.
Posted Wed, 25 Jan 2023 17:32:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
I would advise contacting the Customs and International trade helpline on 0300 322 9434.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.