Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 17 Jun 2021 14:02:17 GMT by Leighton Williams
Afternoon, We have a situation where the incorrect importer was declared on an import entry. Can you please advise the procedure/which dept to contact to rectify the situation? Thanks/Leighton
Posted Tue, 06 Jul 2021 11:43:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 26

You must instruct your customs agent to submit a post entry amendment. 

Duty may be due or a claim by the importer on a C285 may be appropriate if duty is overpaid. Post entry amendments may be subject to time limits. 

Find more information about applying for a repayment or remission of import duties using form C285 by using the following link: 

Apply for repayment or remission of import duties (C285)

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.