Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 16 Mar 2023 16:16:37 GMT by JNelson14
My employer temporarily exports samples of Aluminium and PMMA throughout Europe for X-ray testing. The samples return unaltered and no sales take place. I was wondering how to claim relief on customs duty. I have seen that the C&E 1158 + C1314 forms are to be completed in order to claim relief, but who does this, and when do you do this? Will freight forwarders deal with this on your behalf? Any help with this will be appreciated Thanks
Posted Fri, 17 Mar 2023 14:00:43 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Import duty relief is allowed for goods being returned to the UK unaltered this is called Returned Goods Relief. A customs declaration needs to be made for this. If you are using a customs agent they will do this electronically but you need to ask them for Returned Goods Relief. They will also need evidence that the goods were previously exported. It is unlikely you will need to complete the c&e 1158 (INF3) as this is an EU document. You may be asked to complete a c1314 .
Posted Mon, 20 Mar 2023 14:11:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

JNelson14 ,
I would advise contacting the Customs and International trade helpline on 0300 322 9434  .

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.