Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 19 Mar 2023 13:38:20 GMT by Akhilesh
Hi, I am from India and moved to UK on a job secondment in Nov 2018 and moved back in Nov 2021. While in UK, I made National Insurance contributions (except for the first 12 months which were exempted). I wanted to understand if I can claim the National Insurance contributions back as I'm no longer in UK nor a citizen of any of the European countries which might have a social security agreement with UK. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 23 Mar 2023 13:58:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Akhilesh

Any National Insurance contributions that have been paid because you were working and liable to pay them, cannot be refunded.  

If you think you have paid the incorrect amount you can write to us and we will look at your National Insurance record. 

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.