Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 29 Apr 2023 02:12:01 GMT by 99 70 46 53 19 86
Hi, I am currently living overseas and I would like to top up my NI contributions. I do not have an 18 digit reference number. I have tried calling, but I am unsuccessful at getting through to any numbers. Can you advise on how I can proceed without the reference number. Thanks in advance.
Posted Fri, 05 May 2023 11:08:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi 99 70 46 53 19 86,

As you are living outside of the UK you should complete the CF83 in order to pay voluntary contributions, This is available via the following link:
 CF83 Application to pay National Insurance contributions abroad  
 The 18 digit reference number isn’t used while making payments from abroad

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.