Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 28 Sep 2022 19:59:06 GMT by Shekhag
My wife is a UK citizen and living in UK from last 10+ years. On 1st June'22, she travelled to India to support her aging mother, and she is India since then. Further, she thinks that she needs to stay for another 6 months in India to take care of her mother. All this duration, she was getting salary in UK, and was paying tax to UK government. In the current circumstances, where she is planning to stay for another 6 months in India, could you please advise if she need to change her payroll and the tax residency to India, or she can continue to work in UK payroll for next 6 months? Thanks
Posted Fri, 30 Sep 2022 08:29:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

We cannot answer that as that is her choice.

You can find guidance here:

Tax on foreign income

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.