Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 07 Jan 2023 23:28:07 GMT by John999 L
Dear HMRC Admin I lost the job for a period of time, therefore, no NI has been contributed also. However, I intended to receive the minimum pension payment after I retired, and preferring to contribute the NI by my own savings even though I can't find any job in future. May I have your advise I should contact HMRC or other department? How much should I contribute monthly? Many thanks John
Posted Mon, 16 Jan 2023 15:59:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will need to obtain a pension forecast from the Future Pension Centre. You can see their contact details below together with further guidance.
Contact the Future Pension Centre

Check your State Pension forecast 

Application for a State Pension forecast 

Pay voluntary Class 3 National Insurance 

Once you have received your pension forecast, if you then decide you still want to pay voluntary National Insurance contributions, and DWP have confirmed that your pension will benefit from doing so by paying certain years, you should contact us for information on how to pay for those years. 

 National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.