Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 28 Jun 2022 19:46:05 GMT by SChristou Christou
Hello, my partner has moved in UK since 2020- we are from Greece- and he is trying to set up a personal rax account. He selects two of the three options which are payslip and credit and after filling his details and searching for verification , system asks again to select two of the three options to verify the identity. But he doesnt have a UK passport or Irish driving license so he cannot proceed to the account creation. What we need to do in order to get him a personal account?
Posted Wed, 29 Jun 2022 16:34:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
If he is unable to verify with the options provided, he will not be able to access the Personal Tax Account.
There are going to be changes to the process during July and he may be able to verify once the updates are in place.
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Fri, 01 Jul 2022 12:23:32 GMT by Aaron Cater
From today, you can use a driving licence issued by the DVLA in England, Scotland or Wales to verify your identity instead of just the NI licence option. as well as another option, for example a UK passport. I can also confirm you are able to use a provisional or full driving licence. Hope this helps.
Posted Fri, 01 Jul 2022 14:06:10 GMT by su
My friend having UK passport but no DL,still she is not able to proceed further -Credic check options is not working .
Posted Fri, 01 Jul 2022 14:23:28 GMT by Aaron Cater
Yeah it isn’t great to be honest I think having a passport should suffice and perhaps a face scan to check if it’s you. I don’t know what else to suggest as I was in your position until today too when the GB DL become available. Sorry.
Posted Fri, 01 Jul 2022 16:05:14 GMT by su
Can HMRC help on this in phone ?
Posted Mon, 04 Jul 2022 11:08:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 24
Hi,

If you are unable to verify we can't help with this over the phone, the verification can only be passed online.

If you had a query that you were trying to resolve using the online account, we can help with this.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.