Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 15:41:22 GMT by Benny L
Hi I have been asked few questions on "income of dividend and capital gain from investment" for checking the need to send a Self Assessment tax return 21/22. The replied is that "based on your answer, no need to send a return". I believe the reason is that my total dividend income and capital gain are not exceeded my personal allowance/relief. In such case, do I still need to send self Assessment return on-line/paper to HMRC for filing? On the other hand, I'll submit SA109 for split year tax treatment by paper by post. In case, I have other foreign income (dividend income/ capital gain) need to be filed by self assessment tax return. Can I submit self assessment tax return for such income on-line and send the Paper SA109 by post separately?
Posted Fri, 09 Sep 2022 15:57:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Benny L

If you are claiming spit year, this must be done via a self assessment return and it must all be done online or all on paper, you cannot separate the method.
Whichever option you choose, you willl then declare all relevant income to be assessed in the UK.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.