Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 23 Oct 2022 20:34:12 GMT by Ko
Hi I submitted the SA1 form online on 5 Oct 2022. The HMRC system confirmed me that my information had been forwarded on to them. But up to date, I have not received the UTR number yet. What can I do as the tax deadline for hard copy submission is on 31 Oct 22?
Posted Wed, 26 Oct 2022 14:29:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

When you register for Self Assessment, you are given 3 months and 7 days to file the return without incurring a late filing penalty.

The original payment date of 31 January 2023 will still apply.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 30 Dec 2022 20:46:44 GMT by nobendusaha
Hi My Accountant has requested for the company UTR several times but unfortunately I have not received it yet so they cannot submit the tax return. Also when I have tried to call the customer service no and I was told the UTR is not disclosed over the phone. Please advice me the best step.
Posted Tue, 10 Jan 2023 11:45:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If your company is registered with Companies House, please refer to -  Ask for a copy your Company Tax UTR - GOV.UK.

If your company is registered overseas, the process is different.

Although your accountant has already requested a UTR for the company, which may be very difficult to trace, you may wish to make a further request.

If so, please write to;

CT Services,
HM Revenue & Customs,
BX9 1AX.

Please quote a ten digit reference on the first page of your letter.

The ten digit reference should follow the following format YYMM555555.

For example, if the request is made on 15 January 2023, you should use the reference 1501555555.

This will help us trace the letter if you call to progress chase your request .

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 26 Jan 2023 17:33:47 GMT by Huma Tahir
Hi there, I want to know that I have requested UTR code for my limited Company on 19 -12-2022 but haven't received it yet. what Could be the reson and how can I enquire about it and where ?
Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 13:08:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Huma Tahir
If your company is registered with Companies House, please refer to -  Ask for a copy your Company Tax UTR - GOV.UK.
If your company is registered overseas, the process is different.
Although you have already requested a UTR for the company, which may be very difficult to trace, you may wish to make a further request.
If so, please write to:
CT Services,
HM Revenue & Customs,
BX9 1AX.
Please quote a ten digit reference on the first page of your letter.
The ten digit reference should follow the following format YYMM555555.
For example, if the request is made on 31 January 2023, you should use the reference 3101555555.
This will help us trace the letter if you call to progress chase your request.
tHANKYOU.
rEGARDS.
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 08:43:37 GMT by Papatya Alkan Genca
Hi, I have also not received my UTR number yet. What can I do as the tax deadline for submission is today? Is there any way I can contact hmrc other than calling them which is not really an option for the at the moment?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.