Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 05 Mar 2022 10:26:59 GMT by Yeungchai Yeung
Hello, I had my full time job as an employee from 1 Jan 2022. Before that I am not not an UK residence. I am qualified for the split year treatment. I would like to know should I fill in the self-assessment if I pay my income tax through PAYE? If I don't need to fill in self-assessment, anything else I still need to report to HMRC? Thank you very much for your help.
Posted Mon, 07 Mar 2022 11:47:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

No you do not need to calim split year through self assessment if you are on PAYE unless you stil have income from abroad.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 10 Jun 2022 23:13:16 GMT by G Lo
Hi, If I am not on PAYE, do I have to claim split year through self assessment? thank you
Posted Mon, 13 Jun 2022 14:01:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You would claim Split Year Treatment on the Residency page - SA109 of the Self Assessment form.
Guidance regarding Split Year:
Tax on foreign income

You must be signed in to post in this forum.