Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 30 Nov 2022 17:34:34 GMT by Ryan Carman
Hi, I am completing my 21/22 tax return online and the calculation of my child benefit charge is wrong - the adjusted net income is not having gift aid payments accounted for. As it stands it will charge me too much tax. What do I do? Ryan
Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 14:54:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

The Gift Aid should be shown as a increase to the basic rate band of tax rather than decreasing the taxable income.

If you contact our Self Assessment team, we can confirm this 72 hours after you submit the return.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 07 Dec 2022 13:40:33 GMT by shakhan1442
Good afternoon, Is employer's contribution to workplace pension used in calculating adjusted net income? Like is it counted as taxable income or something or perhaps a deduction. In addition, In a couple, whoever has the highest taxable income pays the HICBC, is this highest net adjusted income or just overall taxable income? And is employer's pension contribution counted as taxable income? many thanks!
Posted Fri, 09 Dec 2022 14:11:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

The employers contribution would not be used and is not considered taxable income. It would be the partner with the highest adjusted net income.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 09 Dec 2022 14:49:36 GMT by Ryan Carman
Gift aid reduces adjusted net income (not taxable income) as well as changing rate bands. Here is a handy link to your website...https://www.gov.uk/guidance/adjusted-net-income#what-adjusted-net-income-is It amazes me that not only are your systems wrong but the people answering this thread don't understand your own tax system!
Posted Mon, 12 Dec 2022 04:51:43 GMT by shakhan1442
Ok thanks, Is dividend counted as taxable income for calulcating net adjusted income? Thank you
Posted Tue, 13 Dec 2022 12:55:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi shakhan1442,

Yes, That is correct.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.