Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 12 Oct 2022 09:21:19 GMT by T AY
Hello! I have no income in the 21-22 tax year, but made some losses in investments. Do I need to file in the self assessment if I want to use the losses that I have made to offset any potential capital gains that I make in the following tax year? Or I can declare the losses in 21-22 in the 22-23 self assessment? Thank you
Posted Fri, 14 Oct 2022 13:23:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see guidance here:

Capital Gains Tax: what you pay it on, rates and allowances

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.