Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 05 Jun 2023 13:02:34 GMT by May 2022
Hi, I've received interest of £129 from the cash held on a local share broker account in the tax year 22/23. Do I need to report to HMRC ? Thanks
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 15:07:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi May 2022,

This will form part of the personal savings allowance so if you have other interest (not ISA) that takes it over £1000 - £500 if you are higher rate, yes you need to report it.

Thank you.

Posted Thu, 08 Jun 2023 18:42:10 GMT by May 2022
Hi HMRC Admin 20, Thanks for your reply. Which form should i use ? Thanks
Posted Tue, 13 Jun 2023 12:27:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If you already fill in a tax return you will show it there as untaxed interest. If not, contact our Income Tax team to have your record updated.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.