Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 16 Mar 2021 20:15:20 GMT by robert peake
hi could someone help me please, when calculating marriage tax allowance do you need to add benefits in kind to your taxable wage to make sure if you can claim. my wage is just under 50K but i also get 8k in taxable benefits in private medical and AA which my tax code has been reduced to 615L.
Posted Tue, 23 Mar 2021 13:30:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Your benefits are classed as taxable income so if that takes you over £50000 then you would not be able to claim marriage allowance.

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.