Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Aug 2022 16:14:15 GMT by Paul W
Hi, I hope someone can please advise... I obtained an EORI number about 2 yrs ago, registering it with my own name, home address and personal email address. Soon afterwards, I submitted the standard EORI online query form to request updates to the details. The requested changes were:- Registered Name: Change to my new Business Name (aka my chosen 'Trading as' name, as a non-VAT registered sole trader) Business address: Change to my new business address Email address: Change to my new business email address. At the time, the replies I received back 'seemed' to confirm that the requested changes had been made. However, I had my doubts as to whether it had been correctly dealt with - I didn't feel confident my simple request had been understood because the response was very ambiguous. Anyway, I haven't wanted to actually use the EORI number until now. I just did a lookup on it again to check the details and, lo & behold, it still shows all my old details, thus confirming my earlier doubts! :-( I'd rather not trawl through exactly the same process again in vain to request the correct changes. Has anyone somehow successfully managed to get their EORI details updated? The online query form is dreadful and looks exactly the same as I remember it from the first time round. Any help would be most welcome, Thanks.
Posted Thu, 11 Aug 2022 13:59:36 GMT by Paul W
A further update: I tried to use their (correct) query form to again request the details update. This time, I received this reply, meaning they somehow think I'm VAT registered (which I am NOT and never have been!)... "... Dear Sir or Madam PAUL ****** Thank you for your enquiry (GGQ-009-xxx-x) As you are VAT registered, we are unable to make the changes. You can however, contact the VAT Team on; https://www.gov.uk/vat-registration/changes-to-your-details...." Aaaaghhhh!!! I'm about to pull out my remaining hair! This is the second time round and not looking good. Don't they keep proper records there? Or read them properly?
Posted Wed, 24 Aug 2022 12:49:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
EORI queries should be directed firstly to ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk.
They will then be able to liaise with the appropriate teams to resolve your issue.
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Mon, 05 Sep 2022 14:59:37 GMT by Donovan Sinclair
I have sent several emails to the ISBC address and desperate for help but no response yet and i have a container sitting waiting to be cleared, can anyone help. I have a EORI number which needs to be cancelled and a new one provided which is attached to my new VAT registration.
Posted Mon, 05 Sep 2022 16:50:51 GMT by Paul W
Hi Donovan, since I first posted about my own problem, I eventually managed to contact someone at HMRC who was very helpful and cleared things up. They didn't give their own name but the email address is isbc.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk. However, I guess maybe that's the address you used anyway? Don't know if it made a difference but the email to them that finally got the right response was the one I'd flagged as Urgent/High Importance. I got the impression from the reply that a supervisor had stepped in after I'd just been going round in circles with others there. Hope this is useful to you. I feel for you! Please post back here to let us know how you get on. Paul.
Posted Fri, 09 Sep 2022 16:15:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Donovan Sinclair
This action has now been completed and confirmation email issued.
Thankyou.
Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.