Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 16 Aug 2022 09:00:40 GMT by Dave Maverick
I am touring the US (I am musician). I am contracting through my UK company. However, the tax is withheld on me as an individual. How am I able to use this tax to offset my UK liability?
Posted Wed, 17 Aug 2022 12:42:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will show this in your tax return. If UK tax, then under employment, if in the USA, then as foreign tax credit relief.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 17 Aug 2022 12:58:10 GMT by Dave Maverick
Thank you. To confirm, the tax is US federal taxes. But how do I enter as a foreign tax credit if there is no income paid from company?
Posted Thu, 18 Aug 2022 14:28:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You will include this in the foreign income section to claim foreign tax credit relief on the US taxc paid(entry must be in sterling).
Put a note in additional informatin on your return to confirm.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.