Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 20 Dec 2022 14:21:58 GMT by Blambo
I can't seem to add a company car to my personal tax. I've tried multiple times and i keep getting the following: Sorry You can’t use this service as more details about your work are needed. Please contact HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). Having tried 4 times to contact via the income tax number, i go through the spiel and then get cut off. I just want to talk to someone! I've sat with my employer and they can't see anywhere on their gateway account where they can add a company car for me. Any ideas?
Posted Thu, 22 Dec 2022 10:37:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Usually you can update the company car details onlines unless its a car averaging scheme. I apologise if you have been cut off but you will need to try our helpline again.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 19:22:19 GMT by Ivan
Hi I have exactly the same error. when I called them they told me that my employer told HMRC that my employment has ended last year. When I complained and argued that I still work for the same company and when my company also contacted HMRC, they said that there has been an error and that they are working on it. It's been a month now, and nothing has changed. I still can't tell HMRC that I have a company car and they still think I am not employed, although they can see that I receive salary every month and pay tax and national insurance. so keep trying to call them, or write them a letter

You must be signed in to post in this forum.