Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 27 Jan 2023 14:09:11 GMT by
I have a personal tax account, I register UTR on 12/01/2023 for the first time by filling in the form https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/SA1 and the website confirmed my information has been forwarded to HMRC without any ref number. it's been over 10 working days passed, and I still haven't got any reply or UTR received. I need to do tax return by 31/01, it looks like I can't make it on time. I called the helpline twice but they can't find my application and issued a callback from their back office team. I have no idea when I can get it. I just think this online submission system is too unfriendly, not even providing a ref number for the submission of the application. Please provide help
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 12:56:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
Our timescales can be longer than stated at busy times.
When your UTR is generated, we will issue a letter and you will have a filing deadline of 3 months and 7 days from when it was generated.
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Thu, 14 Dec 2023 00:32:17 GMT by
Hi, I have registered for the self accessment on 22/10/2023. It is 50 days already. However, the UTR has not yet arrived? May I know the progress? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:52:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi pto To

If you have still not received your UTR then you will need to contact HMRC to review. Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 09:47:16 GMT by Mehmet Zorlu
Hello, It's been more than 3 weeks since I have set up my company and I have not received my UTR number. I have contacted HMRC via the general enquires link above but I can not get my UTR number.
Posted Thu, 07 Mar 2024 08:57:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Mehmet Zorlu,
You would need to contact HMRC to review:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.