Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 11 Jun 2022 08:42:29 GMT by MW_Tang
Hi , if I have £1 interest in a foreign joint bank account with my spouse, my annual total income is less than £1000. Do I need to submit the self assessment tax return? My spouse is employed by an local company in UK. Does she need to declare this less than £1 interest through self assessment tax return? Thanks
Posted Tue, 14 Jun 2022 07:18:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please refer to guidance at :

Tax on foreign income    .

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 18 Jul 2022 10:33:52 GMT by Yee Nin Wong
I have a joint overseas saving account with my husband. When I file the tax return, is it correct that I report 50% of the interest from the overseas saving account, and my husband reports 50% of the interest?
Posted Tue, 19 Jul 2022 13:45:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Yee Nin Wong
That is correct.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.