Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 30 Sep 2022 16:09:30 GMT by Jimmy Chiu
I moved to the UK in August, 2021 and this is my first time to live within this country. I keep working with overseas company until Feb, 2022 and right after that I started to work with UK employee. I am wondering how should I report my income? Do I need to submit the income between April - August, 2021? Should I convert the currency by myself for my overseas income from August, 2021 to Feb, 2022?
Posted Wed, 05 Oct 2022 11:09:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Jimmy Chiu, 

Based on the information you have provided, you may wish to apply for Split Year Treatment in 2021/22.
 Please refer to the following guidance:
Other ways to get help
Yearly average currency exchange rates can be found here:

HMRC yearly average and spot rates

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.