Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 24 Jul 2022 17:23:42 GMT by anniloebig Loebig
I've been trying to register for self-assessment online but keep getting stuck because it seems like I don't have enough documents to verify my identity. Even when I choose a P60 or payslip and then credit reference questions, which I assumed were the 2 options I can choose, it just leads me to another page which narrows down my options to Payslip/P60 UK passport Driving Licence I can then only provide a payslip or P60, so I'm very confused why the credit check isn't an option anymore, as this only disables me to verify my identity? When I then say that I don't have 2 of these items, it says that "If you cannot give us details about two items, you will need to contact HMRC to get help", after which I phoned them up and it seems like I'll have to do everything on paper in the future. Is there no way to verify my identity with my German passport and a P60 for example? I'd very much like to sort all of my taxes digitally online. Hope this makes sense and that anyone can help, thank you!
Posted Tue, 26 Jul 2022 13:37:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
The only option for passport is a UK passport, if you are unable to verify with the options provided you will not be able to use online services for Self Assessment.
Thankyou.
Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.