Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 06 Apr 2022 16:02:03 GMT by Cesare Cuzzola
Hello, I am self employed and I recently did some work for a client in Europe. Can I send them my invoice with euros? However, I will receive the money in pounds via bank transfer. Hence, the invoice amount and the received amount will be in different currencies. How does that work? How do you invoice for a client in a different currency?
Posted Mon, 11 Apr 2022 09:27:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Cesare Cuzzola,

Please note that all self-employed income from overseas has to be converted from the foreign currency (in this case Euros)
to pounds sterling before it is declared in your Self Assessment tax return.

Exactly how you invoice clients is not something HMRC can advise upon. 

See link:                                                 :

HMRC exchange rates for 2022: monthly     .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.