Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 02 Oct 2021 12:15:53 GMT by lynb 70
I have been completing Self Assessment Returns for a number of years. I do receive income from rented out UK property. For the first time this year, when completing Page 1 of Taylor Your Return and answering 'Yes' to the question 'Did you receive income from UK property over £1,000, the form then informs me that 'HMRC routinely receives information from other countries about foreign income, assets and gains. Our records indicate you may need to complete the foreign section'. For the next question - 'If you received any foreign income, do you need to complete the foreign section?' the form automatically defaults to 'Yes'. If I try to change this to 'No' as I do not have any foreign income, I receive a red warning message asking me to check my answer and amend. I have never received any foreign income and have no idea what this refers to. My only thought is that I did receive a refund from Expedia for a holiday which had been cancelled because of Covid, as Expedia is a foreign company. Surely it doesn't refer to this? Any help would be appreciated.
Posted Tue, 05 Oct 2021 10:58:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If you go into the foreign section and scroll down to the bottom of the page,  there is a message in red writing,
if you want to delete the foreign section,  if you delete the section this will remove the foreign section completely from you tax return.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.