Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 May 2023 21:14:31 GMT by FKRL
Hi This is my first year of tax filing. I have just registered Self Assessment online as I have foreign bank interest. However, I omitted to state another reason for Spilt Year Treatment which I suppose to do so. What is the remedial action I can take to fill up the Split Year Treatment request? I have stated in UK for more than 183 days and before working in UK from August 2022, I have settled the income tax with Hong Kong Inland Revenue Department for 2021/2022 year. Thanks
Posted Wed, 17 May 2023 14:04:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

As you have registered, the additional reason is not an issue. You will just claim the split year in you return by completing SA109.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 19 May 2023 20:48:04 GMT by FKRL
Hihi, thank you very much for your reply!
Posted Sat, 20 May 2023 13:06:40 GMT by FKRL
Hi Thank you very much for your reply. I have received HMRC letter with my UTR provided. As the letter states I can start my return online, I follow steps by steps with my P60 ready. However, upto the stage of "5. Check your return" when don the entry online, I still do not see any section to enter split year. I have checked that I fall into Case 4 (UK home) and Case 5 (start full time job in UK) which should fall into split year. Can you please advise if I mess up entry? For split year, am I required to submit all written forms as the one and only channel when filing tax? If positive, I understand I need to complete SA100, SA109, SA102 and SA106 which please reconfirm if they are correct forms. Looking forward to your advice again. Thanks a lot
Posted Sat, 20 May 2023 13:32:02 GMT by FKRL
Hi I just would like to make a further note on HMRC letter dated 18 May, which stating "SA316" at bottom left hand corner of the letter. That may help to refer what letter I received from HMRC. Thanks again Rachel
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 18:16:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi  FKR,
You need to complete the residence section to claim split year and you cannot do this using HMRC software.
You will need to file the whole tax return by paper of buy 3rd party software:
Self Assessment commercial software suppliers
Thank you. 

Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 19:40:03 GMT by FKRL
Hi Thank you for your reply, now I know to file tax by paper forms. I am able to download all forms except SA100, can you please advise how I can access SA100 form? Thanks again
Posted Tue, 30 May 2023 10:08:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
To request an SA100 you will need to contact our Self Assessment department:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you
Posted Tue, 04 Jul 2023 14:34:33 GMT by derek_er Chan
Hi I have registered the SA1 and got the UTR last tax year(2021-2022). Also, I have already submitted the tax return. This is my second tax year (2022023) in the UK. Do I need to re-register the SA1 again if I have to fill my tax return this tax year? or can I fill my tax reutrn without re-register the SA1 this year? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 11 Jul 2023 10:23:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi derek_er Chan
You can complete with registering again.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.