Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 01 Jun 2022 11:02:00 GMT by Big Boogs
I'm having a problem, the company I am working for has subscribed for CDS, but using the incorrect Government Gateway account. As a result we need to de-register from CDS on the incorrect Gateway, and re-subscribe on our correct Gateway (our EORI is linked to both Gateway accounts). The issue we are having is that there does appear to be any option for de-registering our Gateway from CDS, and when attempting to re-subscribe on the correct account, we can't as the EORI has already been registered with CDS. We have tried phoning HMRC and they have told us that we can de-register through the Gateway website via the "manage account" tab, but we have found no such option to do so. Is there a contact phone / email to deal with specifically Gateway / CDS issues, or does anyone know of a way to resolve this through the website? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Posted Thu, 09 Jun 2022 17:12:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
Please could you contact ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk with your query who should be able to assist.
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 12:35:51 GMT by NR-Nbi
Did you ever find out how to do this?
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 12:45:17 GMT by KG
Hey, I have been going round in circles with a similar type of issue, there is no option to do it online which is stupid considering CDS deadline is 30th September. The only way I found someone to de-regsiter you from CDS was by getting in touch with the VAT online Services team. I believe the abbreviation used is VOL for that team. Usually someone with a Scottish accent will be on the phone. They can do it. They managed to remove my CDS registration from gov gateway in like 10 mins. Some people just know more than others and it's just luck sometimes if you get someone good on the phone. This unfortunately didn't fix my issue even though it was done but it might fix yours.
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 14:50:11 GMT by NR-Nbi
Just as an update to my comment above I have contacted the email given and have been told that we can de-register through the Gateway website via the "manage account" tab, but I have had no response to my follow up query about how to do this.
Posted Fri, 09 Sep 2022 16:28:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi NR-Nbi
For this query you should click the help link on the government gateway page and report this issue.
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Mon, 12 Sep 2022 07:52:55 GMT by NR-Nbi
The help link on which government gateway page please? Can you be specific about where the link to deregister from CDS should be? link or pathway please.
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 12:49:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
Please look here:
Get help with a technical problem
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:13:57 GMT by NR-Nbi
Took an age to get through but I finally spoke to a very helpful lady on the VAT online services team. Apparently there should be a tab at the top of the CDS financial dashboard (next to the messages tab) to manage the account. Mine was missing. Anyway the helpful lady was able to deregister the gateway account from CDS and I need to wait 48 hours before trying again to register on the correct gateway. Many thanks whoever you were. If you have access to the PVA side you also seem to have access to the CDS financial dashboard but you need to get to that page and not the PVA page. Not sure if the link above will work as I had already done this before that was posted.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.