Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 12 Nov 2021 23:54:39 GMT by SaSaVV
Hi, I relocated to the UK in June, got my NI number in mid Oct and I just received my DPNI scheme registration early November. As the company I work for does not have a UK entity, I will take care and pay for my tax and NI directly. Therefore, I need to run the payroll by myself in the Basic PAYE Tools. After I added the company details, I tried to add a new employee (for myself) to make the 1st payroll for October. I encountered some issues as below, pls advise. Existing emplyee details 2021-2022: 1. Have you already paid this employee since 6 April 2021? (I have been paid since 6 April 2021 but I was still living overseas at that time. I only relocated to UK in June. Should I answer yes, or no?) Current employment tax details for the year to date: 1. Last payment date (should I put the date of my salary last month here, 30th October 2021? or what should I put as I never pay tax and NI before in UK.) 2. Tax code used for last month (I dont have any tax code, where can I find the tax code?) 3. Total pay to date in this employment (should I put the total salary from June to October-5 months here?) 4. Total tax to date in this employment (is it zero as I haven't started the DPNI scheme yet?) Thank you.
Posted Tue, 16 Nov 2021 09:34:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

Please call our Employer Helpline, we will be able to discuss this with you in more depth, to ensure you enter the correct information.

Telephone number is 0300 200 3200.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.