Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 16 Mar 2023 13:44:27 GMT by HMHB
I shall be receiving a dividend from a private foundation in Austria . The amount will be €15000 before 15% tax is applied in Austria The payment will only be made one time in the year Am I correct in thinking that the form I need to complete for this is the SA106? Would you be able to advise where exactly on this form do we declare this as there are so many boxes on the form I'm unsure which to complete? Also is this the only self assessment form I need to complete as I won't have any other income other than wages which are already declared and taxed Do I understand correctly that if Austria takes 15% on the dividend and the UK would take 8.75% on dividends ( my tax band id basic rate. ) I wouldn't pay the tax in the UK as part of the double taxation treaty as its lower here than the amount deducted in Austria?
Posted Mon, 20 Mar 2023 16:07:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Yes you will declare this on the SA106 under the dividends section.

As you are employed, you will also complete the SA102 employment page and the actual return SA100.

You can claim foreign tax credit relief for the tax paid abroad and if this is higher then no UK tax will be due.

The rate allowed depends on your overall income  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.