Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 31 Aug 2022 14:18:17 GMT by Louise2 Babush
Hi, I have received a job offer from a company based in the Cayman island, I am considering to accept the offer but I want to know what kind of taxes I have to pay upon my gross salary considering I am a Uk resident. The company will pay the Cayman taxes though. Can you please help me to understand what should I do or know about this
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 09:22:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you will remain resident in the UK, while working for a foreign employer, you will need to register for Self Asessment and complete a tax return every year. The foreign supplementary page, SA106, has a section for 'foreign employment, self employment and other income', you would declare this income here.  

You can regiseter for self assessment here:

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.