Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 07 Mar 2023 15:15:52 GMT by Bery
Hello, I am UK resident for tax purposes since few years ago. I recently received a tax refund from Spain. The tax refund amount received includes interest. I received the interest in addition to the tax refund. Do I have to inform HMRC about the Tax refund and the interest received? Is the interest I received taxable in UK? Thanks.
Posted Thu, 09 Mar 2023 07:23:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Bery,

Only if you have claimed a Foreign Tax Credit Relief and the refund from Spain, reduces the sum you can claim for.  

The interest does not arise from income and is not taxble.

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.