Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 09:52:01 GMT by
I recieved a refund check but my swiss bank doesn't accept it. Which other alternative do I have to get this money back? Can I send to someone my bank details and get the money there? Thanks
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 13:34:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi krojas,
You can provide UK bank details to have the payment sent.
If you don't have a UK bank account, you can nominate someone in the UK to receive it on your behalf.
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 05 Sep 2024 23:46:32 GMT by Segy
I also received a refund check (July 2024) that my NZ bank won't accept. How do I get a direct transfer or get the money in some other way? I do not know anyone in the UK who could receive the money. I have searched the HMRC site to see if I can change the payment method but can find no way to do this. Attempting to contact by phone from NZ (overnight here) has proved totally impossible.
Posted Fri, 06 Sep 2024 04:01:49 GMT by tonynsabine Sabine
Hi I plan to arrive in the UK in end Sep for a new Employer. Being a non resident in the current Tax year 2024 my Employer mentioned my Tax code 1257L and suggested me to reach out to HMRC for Tax refund If being a non resident in the current tax year. Kindly advise how do I claim the Income Tax relief from HMRC ? Basis https://www.gov.uk/claim-tax-refund/y/pay-from-a-job/on-or-after-6-april-2024/current-job It states the following - " If you’re due a refund and your tax code has been corrected, your employer will give you a refund in your pay. You should get the refund in your next pay once HMRC has sent your employer your new tax code." May I confirm the only channel is to access my personal Tax account online / the HMRC App to update the Tax code alongside employment details then HMRC will inform the Employer for the current Tax year relief ? Regards John.
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2024 12:11:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi Segy,
Unfortunately due to security, HMRC Bank transfers can only be sent to UK bank accounts.  
If you would prefer not to contact our Income Tax team by phone you can contact us by webchat or post, via:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2024 12:13:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi tonynsabine,
If you have a question which relates to your personal tax situation or tax code you can contact our Income Tax team below:
Income Tax: general enquiries
For further guidance please see the link below, which may be the quickest way to review information relating to pay and tax history, tax codes and how to change them.
Personal tax account: sign in or set up
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.