Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 25 May 2023 09:52:22 GMT by Jisoo
I came to UK on 5 June 2022 through BNO Visa. According to the double taxation agreement between UK and HK, my employment income in HK should be only taxed in HK. Other than that, my other foreign income is less than £2,000 and I have no UK income. Am I correct that I do not need to file self assessment as my foreign income is less than £2,000? Thanks!
Posted Fri, 26 May 2023 12:00:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Please review the guidance at section 9 of (Guidance note for residence, domicile and the remittance basis: RDR1)
If you meet the criteria, then you do not need to complete a tax return and you can retain your personal allowancs.  
If you don't meet the criteria, you will need to complete a self assessment tax return.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.