Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 19:18:53 GMT by Sheena Gorman
Hi, I have to complete a self assessment again this year due to partial claim for child benefit (stopped when I realised about the charge!). I can’t find where to input the £312 tax relief claim for working from home due to Covid. Last year it was in a box ‘other expenses’ but I can’t find it on this years form?? Thanks in advance
Posted Sat, 07 Jan 2023 00:26:11 GMT by Half1Cat
In employment section, answer Yes to "Do you wish to claim any employment expenses or capital allowances while working for "YOUR COMPANY". Then this question will appear "Other expenses and capital allowances:" Here you add the appropriate figure, typically 6x52. I think ;--)
Posted Sat, 07 Jan 2023 20:20:19 GMT by bobby111
In the the employment section. Enter into Employment expenses > Other expenses and capital allowances
Posted Tue, 10 Jan 2023 15:53:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Sheena Gorman,

When completing the employment page, you need to answer yes to the question which asks if you wish to claim employment expenses. This will open the section with the 'other expenses' box.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.