Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 01 Feb 2023 21:20:32 GMT by SLau
Hi, I moved in UK in 13- 05-2021 and did not have any income in UK. However, I still have income from my business in Hong Kong which was under £6,000. Under this situation, may I know if I need self assessment and split year application for the tax year of 2021-2022 ? Thanks
Posted Tue, 07 Feb 2023 15:05:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If, following your arrival in the UK, you received self employed income of over £1000, you should report the income in
a Self Assessment tax return.

Full details of Split Year Treatment are provided at RDRM12030. 

See Link:

Residence, Domicile and Remittance Basis Manual    .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.