Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 24 Aug 2022 14:31:47 GMT by Riccardo
Hello, I submitted the P11d form for the employees but I just have been notified that I should have excluded the company car benefit from one of the employee. Is it possible to amend the P11d form already submitted? If yes, how? Thank you, Riccardo
Posted Thu, 25 Aug 2022 14:21:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Yes, amendments need to be completed on a paper form P11D.
You can obtain the form P11D from
You are required to send an amended P11D(b) form if you need to amend your Class 1A figure.
Please also send a covering letter to explain the reason for the change.
When completing the amended P11D form you need to include all the expenses and benefits for the tax year, excluding the one you want to change (company car benefit).
Tell the affected employee by letter showing the amendment and giving them a new P11D marked 'REPLACEMENT'.
The address to use is -
P11D & P11D(b),
BX9 1WE. 
Posted Thu, 13 Oct 2022 12:52:37 GMT by Angela Marmo
Hi we submitted P11Ds in time for July deadline via our payroll provider however, it has been noted that the taxable benefits amount reported for 9 of our employees is wrong. Do I need to complete new P11D forms for these 9 employees only and post it to the above-mentioned address or do I have to complete new P11Ds for every employee? Can the correction be done online at all? Will I also have to resubmit the P11D(b) online with new figures? Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide. Angela
Posted Fri, 14 Oct 2022 14:43:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Angela Marmo
You will need to send in the corrections to the 9 employees.
If it has affected the P11d(b) figure you can correct this online.
Posted Tue, 18 Oct 2022 09:49:25 GMT by Angela Marmo
That's great thank you, can you please share a link on where to submit the correction for P11Db. Thank you Angela
Posted Wed, 19 Oct 2022 12:33:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Angela Marmo
You would need to send an amended P11d(b) by paper.
You can download the form by searching on for 'P11D(b)'/report-end-of-year-expenses-and-benefits-online.
If you are reporting an amendment to a different tax year you need to write on the form that you are correcting a different tax year and put the tax year on the form.
We need a covering letter with the reason for the change.
You need to send the form to :
p11d & p11d(b)
HM Revenue and Customs
BX9 1WE.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.