Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 20 Apr 2023 07:33:52 GMT by Emma Nelson
A P45 has been issued with an incorrect leave date. We now need to make a further payment to this employee. We are aware of what we need to do with regards to payment after leaving and know that we cannot re-issue the P45 with the correct leave date and values but do we need to notify HMRC of the correct leave date? Thanks
Posted Tue, 25 Apr 2023 09:26:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
In this case do the following:
- Keep a supplementary paper record with the correct date if you put the wrong start or leaving date for an employee in your FPS.
- Keep this supplementary paper record for the required retention period in line with all payroll records
- Not report the amendment in your next FPS as this may create a duplicate record for the employee.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.