Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 19 Jun 2023 07:39:28 GMT by John Clark
Hi, Is there an email address to contact the PAYE department of HMRC please? The reason I ask is because I have seen multiple payments placed against our PAYE account that do not relate to PAYE. Each payment we have made has been by CHAPS and has the reference number that is relevant to the payment attached, though for some reason, when the payment is received, it's not being picked up. I've managed to fix a couple, but with the average time needed to get through and to fix it, thought it might be more efficient to be able to send a list via email with a copy of all the bank documentation attached. (I know it can't be done via the forum due to personal information and appropriate access) Thanks
Posted Fri, 23 Jun 2023 07:16:19 GMT by John Clark
Our latest (actually PAYE rather than other) payment has now not been recognized despite us entering the PAYE reference number in the same place we have for every payment for as long as I've been doing payroll. I've got that fixed, but I think I need to send HMRC a complete list of the payments made so that it's all fully matched up. I'd hope this wouldn't apply to direct debit, but for the moment, I'd prefer to by by CHAPS, at least until the account is corrected in full. Can I please have an email to send the backup for the misallocated payments?
Posted Tue, 27 Jun 2023 10:35:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot deal with this through email, please contact our Employers team so we can investigate this.

Employers: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 20 Jul 2023 13:19:22 GMT by John Clark
Well, I managed to get the previous ones sorted, but it now appears as though I will have to call HMRC every month as you are again showing unallocated payments on our account. From our bank statement, the payment references are clearly specified (and now in five different places on the payment) but it appears as though HMRC cannot see them. I know that this will affect at least four, probably five payments I've made (though in theory three come from a different bank account, but I have no access to see their paye account, so cannot confirm their status)

You must be signed in to post in this forum.