Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 05 Jul 2022 16:05:24 GMT by Mark Gorey
My employer is ok with me moving to Ireland and continuing to work for them remotely. I have read hundreds of internet articles but cannot find the exact advice I need. Hopefully somebody on here can help, please. 1. Will my employer be able to change my pay from GBP to Euros, if we agree on an average exchange rate? 2. After 6 months in Ireland, I believe I will be classed as resident. Will my employer be able to stop UK PAYE & NI and take out the necessary Irish PAYE, USC and PRSI payments? 3. As I will be "working from home", I believe that there is no need to class this as a foreign office for my employer. My employer will never need to visit me and my work is all digital. Am I correct? 4. Have I missed anything glaring that could be a barrier to moving to Ireland? Thank you. Mark
Posted Thu, 07 Jul 2022 12:24:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

HMRC do not specify in which currency an employee is paid. We only insist that for UK tax purposes any payments are converted to sterling.

Whether or not your home would be considered a company base would depend on the facts of each case. However, that would be a matter for the Irish tax authorities.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 07 Jul 2022 14:55:55 GMT by Mark Gorey
Hi. Thanks for your response. Mark

You must be signed in to post in this forum.