Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 13 Jun 2023 09:25:59 GMT by Kate Thorpe
My organisation has recently employed a British National currently based in France but looking to relocate back to the UK. She is applying for mortgages and we have been advised that we may need to review her contract. Although it is very much legal in the UK it may not cover her while she is in France and we and she may be liable to pay the French government additional taxes. We are a wholly owned UK based Ltd company. All of our business is conducted in the UK. This employee is PAYE and makes UK tax and NI contributions and is paid into a UK bank account. Could anyone offer any advice on how we move forward or who has similar experience?
Posted Thu, 15 Jun 2023 10:53:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
We wouldnt be able to comment on French tax and Social Security matters.
The employee would need to speak to their tax authority.
However if you visit:
2023 to 2024: Employer further guide to PAYE and National Insurance contributions, sections 4.5 and 4.6.
This will give you information on running payroll for an overseas employee coming to the UK.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.