Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 06 May 2023 11:29:30 GMT by Michael
Hi, I used to run payroll for my limited company but ceased it a few years ago. I am not restarting. Do I have to get a new PAYE reference etc. or can I use the old one? I can't seem to register for the service online as it says I already have a scheme, but equally I can't use the Basic PAYE Tools to make any submissions. What should I do? / Who should I call? Thanks
Posted Thu, 11 May 2023 15:23:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Michael,

If the scheme was ceased more than a year ago it wont be able to be reopened so you will require a new scheme.
If you are having issues registering then please contact our online services helpline on 0300 200 3600.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.