Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 04 Jul 2022 14:01:37 GMT by Vas Romeos
I am dual nationality Greek/British with British passport. I lived in Greece primarily until 5 years ago but since then have worked and paid my taxes in UK and plan to stay here permanently. I have no income from Greece. I have recently inherited some land however which I am trying to sell. Greek lawyer has asked me to obtain a Certificate of Tax Residence with apostille and then get it officially translated into Greek. I think this is so I can complete a Greek tax declaration. Please can you advise what I need to get and how to do this. Thank you
Posted Tue, 05 Jul 2022 13:22:23 GMT by Vas Romeos
Ok thanks. I saw this but was not sure if it was the right thing as some of the questions do not seem relevant to me.
Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2022 11:37:48 GMT by Vas Romeos
Ok I followed this link but there are 2 different forms to choose from: 1 is through Gov gateway and the other "structured email" which asks questions about the DTA. Sorry but I am confused, which one should I fill in? Thanks
Posted Thu, 07 Jul 2022 13:11:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Vas Romeos,

You can file in either.
The question about the DTA is referring to which article you are claiming under (this is normally 4 for residence but is not always the case and you should check the country information for which you are applying).
The list of countries and their treaties is at:
Tax treaties

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.