Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:30:19 GMT by vv 54
I have a bank account which the interest is under £2000 each year outside UK. Should I need to declare it ? And it is a joint account, so the interest is split into two with my husband evenly or I can declare it all under my tax return? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 27 Sep 2022 13:46:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You can find guidance here:

Tax on foreign income

If the income is to be taxed as capital gains, you cannot use your personal allowance against this and it would only be the £12300 capital gains allowance that would be due.

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.