Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 09 May 2023 09:56:02 GMT by Cap1612112
I've only just registered for self-assessment but have been a higher rate tax payer for a few years. I've made payments into a personal pension for the last few years but haven't declared this for the additional 20% tax relief (already get 20% relief at source). Am I able to declare these on my 22/23 return for all the previous years? Thanks!
Posted Mon, 15 May 2023 15:39:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can only get relief in the year that the payments were made so you would be better to send in a separate claim with the details.

You can only claim back to the 2019 to 2020 tax year.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.